Valentino Pironti , PhD.
- Dr Valentino Pironti is a Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC) registered Clinical Psychologist, a British Psychological Society (BPS) Chartered Psychologist and Cognitive Neuroscientist with a PhD in Psychiatry from the University of Cambridge. Dr Valentino Pironti is qualified in clinical and community psychology awarded with the highest grade (cum Laude).
From 2008 to 2014 he worked at the Adult ADHD Clinic, Cambridge and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust, where he specialised in the diagnosis and psychological treatment management of adults suffering from ADHD and comorbid disorders (e.g. anxiety, depression, ASD). As recognition of several years' experience and contribution to the field of psychology he has been awarded the title of Associate Fellow (AFBPsS) by the British Psychological Society.
In 2008 he was granted a fellowship from the Medical Research Council (MRC) to complete a PhD research program at the University of Cambridge, Department of Psychiatry. The research program he devised and managed focused on adult ADHD. “Neurocognitive Endophenotypes in Adult Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (NEA-ADHD)” has been adopted by the National Institute for Health Research and the Mental Health Research Network, who provide support for high quality clinical-research studies. After completion of his PhD he worked as research associate at the department of Psychiatry, University of Cambridge. His research led to the discovery of new vulnerability factors in adult ADHD.
Dr Pironti is a founder and director of the Cambridge Adult ADHD Clinic www.cambridgeadhdclinic.com and works at the Sloane Court Clinic managing general psychological issues such as anxiety disorders and depression as well as adult ADHD.
- Work Address
- Cambridge Adult ADHD & ASD Clinic, 47 Norfolk Street, Cambridge CB1 2LD, United Kingdom
- Research Positions
1. Visiting Researcher, York Neuroimaging Centre, 2006
2. Research Assistant, University of Cambridge, Behavioural and Clinical Neuroscience Institute, Department of Experimental Psychology, 2007-2008
3. Research Associate, University of Cambridge, Department of Psychiatry, 2014
1. Medical Research Council (MRC), 2008
2. Young Investigator Award, ISCTM, 2014
Clinical Psychology Positions
1. Adult ADHD Clinic, Cambridgeshire & Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust, 2008-2014
2. Cambridge Adult ADHD Clinic, 2012 – present www.cambridgeadhdclinic.com
3. The Insight Network, Spire Healthcare 2012-2014
4. Sloan Court Clinic, 2014 - present www. sloanecourtclinic.com
- United Kingdom
- Social Networks