- Link between ADHD and Dementia
- The how and why of our article “Theophrastos’s Obtuse Man: the oldest phenomenological description of Neurodevelopmental Disorder in adult”
- Experience experts are becoming more and more important
- Delineating ADHD and bipolar disorder: A comparison of clinical profiles in adult women
- ADHD as a fluctuating condition
Stefano Pallanti , MD. PhD.
- Stefano Pallanti is a physician-neuroscientist applying cutting-edge neuroscience breakthroughs to clinical work and is considered a world expert on transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) and neuromodulation treatments. He is a NIMH grant co-PI in Theta Burst Stimulation of pathological gamblers. His H Index is 60 as of April 2022.
He is particularly active in research and its clinical application of the Neuromodulation treatments; Dr. Pallanti started clinical use of rTMS and tDCS in 2005 at his private clinic. Now his treatment assets include Photo-Bio Modulation, Vagus Nerve Stimulation, Theta-Burst TMS, Deep TMS and Light Therapy combined with phytotherapy, pharmacological therapy, psychotherapy and mindfulness.
He is a Professor of Psychiatry at Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York, and at Imperial College, London. Previously, Dr. Pallanti held the position of Professor of
Psychiatry and TMS Consultant at Stanford University California and was the
founder and Director of the Strategic Center of Excellence of Psychiatry at the
Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in New York. He is a faculty of the Harvard University and Massachusetts General Hospital Psychiatry Academy, of the Training School at Clare College, Cambridge University, and the University of Pisa.
Dr. Pallanti serves on many distinguished boards and advisory councils, including the European Commission for Depression Treatments, the World Health Organization as an expert on anxiety and WHO COVID-19 Clinical research Coalition’s Ethics Working Group, European College of Neuropsychopharmacology, International Center for Autism Research and Education, International College of Obsessive-Compulsive Spectrum Disorders, and American Psychiatric Association for the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders for DSM-IV and DSM-5.
Dr. Pallanti is the author of 225 peer-reviewed scientific publications, 13 books, and four psychiatry manuals as of April 2022.
- Work Address
- Via A. Lamarmora 24, Firenze, Italy
- Professor, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, NY, USA
Visiting Professor, Imperial College, London, UK